- The Ethiopian ethnic group known as the Oromo. Also used by northern Amhara group in Ethiopia to label the Shewan Amhara who have mixed with the Oromo or have Oromo descent. (The name Galla is now often considered derogatory.) As a rule of Law you are punished if found to use the word Galla in Ethiopia
- Galla wife of Roman Emperor Theodosius I.
- Galla Placidia, daughter of Theodosius I.
- The surname of a German theoretical physicist in the XXI century
- Gallu, a Mesopotamian demon
- Another name for P'tcha, a traditional Ashkenazi Jewish food
Galla in German: Galla
Galla in French: Galla
Galla in Polish: Galla